Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 23 December 2013

Jose Mourinho targets 12-year stay at Chelsea

Jose Mourinho AP
No need to worry, Chelsea lovers, Jose Mourinho plans on staying at Stamford Bridge for the next 12 years.
It’s an ambitious goal and one that Mourinho is keen to point out as his “worst contract” in the past six years.
Speaking ahead of Monday’s blockbuster with Arsenal, Mourinho noted his optimism. “Realistically I hope at the end of those four years we sit, analysze the situation and that will be the point where we both – club and me – are happy to carry on or happy to separate,” he said.
“But I would like [to stay for], say, 12 years. I’m 51 next month. I’d say 12 years, and then two to go to a World Cup with a national team. I would prefer the Portuguese national team. England second [choice], yes.”
Mourinho also discussed the keys to running a successful club.
“The best way to [run a club] is to do it with stability. For the players, if you want to help them grow up, you do that much better with stability: in ideas, philosophy, model of play, style of leadership. This all comes from stability at the highest level: with the owners and board and, after that, the manager. The second line of the hierarchy. That stability is very important.”
The Special One’s aspiration to last 12 years at Stamford Bridge assume a copastetic relationship with club owner, Roman Abramovich. In 2007, Mourinho’s first stay in West London was cut short when relations strained with the Russian billionaire. Since that divorce, Abramovich has cruised through five permanent managers and two interims, meaning the helm at Chelsea is hardly a place of stability.
But if anyone can see that stretch out, it’s the Portuguese boss.
Discussing his lucrative deals with Inter Milan and Real Madrid, Mourinho described his motivation to return to the Blues. “I didn’t come here because the job was easy, or because I had a team ready to attack the title, or because I was coming here for the best contract of my life. It’s the worst of my last six years. I’m here because I love the club, I love the project. It’s a different project.”
Mourinho and Arsene Wenger renew their long-standing relationship today at the Emirates Stadium, coverage begins at 2:00 pm ET on NBCSN.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2013 Football,f1 motorsports,NBA,Premier League All Right Reserved | Share on: Blogger Template Free