Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 8 April 2015

PGA DFS: A Million Dollar Lineup For The Masters

Hi Folks,
What a weekend it’s going to be, Sunday evening will bring us the 2015 Masters Champion after which we can roll right into the season premiere of Game of Thrones.  Can life get any better than that?  Well, it would be even better if while watching Game of Thrones I was figuring out how to spend the $1,000,000 I just won.  But hey, if I can’t win it, maybe one of you can.  That would be great too!

 

Yesterday I took a look at some mid-range ($6,000-$8,000) players who could make the difference in your Masters’ lineups and take you to a cool $1,000,000.  Click Here to see that article as a couple of those players will make my lineup for the Millionaire Maker Contest at Draft Kings this week.

 

Before getting into the players I am considering, a quick note on the weather at Augusta National this week.  It is looking like the weekend will be OK, with no monstrous conditions on Saturday or Sunday and mild winds.  Thursday however looks to be a real mess with wind and thunder storms in the afternoon, with that in mind, morning tee-offs on Thursday could be a huge advantage with some major names teeing off early: Notably – Patrick Reed, Bubba Watson, Lee Westwood, Justin Rose, Adam Scott and Dustin Johnson.

 

Now weather in the Spring in Georgia can be a highly changeable and a hard to predict thing and we all know how accurate weather forecasts can be….NOT!!!!!  I think they were calling for a mild winter with little snow in Boston this year.  (I really don’t know but it sounded good didn’t it?)

 

So, what should we do, well if you can afford it you might want to put together a couple of lineups, one where you don’t consider the weather a major factor and go with the long hitters and a second where you maybe discount driving a bit and look to have more “Scramblers” in your lineup.  The following names are all in the Top 15 in “Scrambling”:  Bubba, Patrick Reed, Henrik Stenson, Jamie Donaldson, Jason Day, Martin Laird, Brandt Snedeker, Matt Kuchar and Kevin Na. 

 

Let’s take a look at some players I am targeting and then I will get to my (as Dan calls it), my Sixsome for the Masters Million.

 

Among the top priced ($9,000 and above) players:

 

Bubba Watson at $12,200.  Winner of two of the last three Masters, check.  Hits the ball a mile, check. Can Scramble with the best of them, check.  Nice early tee time on Thursday, check.  Relatively good price, check.  Lock him up!

 

Jason Day at $11,300.  He has a solid record at the Masters with a tied for 2nd in 2011 and a 3rd in 2013.  He has 4 top 10’s this year, this could be his year to don the Green Jacket, he has all the skills and I like his price among the top echelon.

 

Jordan Spieth at $11,900. 7 top 10’s.  Let me repeat that, SEVEN TOP TEN FINISHES!!!! 9 out of 10 cuts made and a 91 fantasy point average. 

 

Patrick Reed at $9,300.  He simply makes the cut! Eleven out of Eleven this year, with 4 top 10 finishes.  He is among the top Scramblers and has an early tee-off time on Thursday.  At his price I have to consider him.

 

Tiger Woods at $9,400.  Okay, here we go.  It has been reported that Tiger is looking good and swinging the club well.  I am discussing him because his history at Augusta demands that he has to be considered.  Tiger was the greatest; I just don’t know if I can trust him.  I will say now that I will fade him in my number 1 lineup and I will not recommend him here, however, I will probably use him in one lineup “just in case”.  This is one where I have to say, “Trust your own gut here”.  If you think he is 100%, then consider him, his price is ok, but if you are like me and feel that he needs to “prove it”, then fade him this week, or just use him in a smaller contest. 

 

Dustin Johnson at $10,500.  If the weather holds out his driving makes him a contender.  He has been a bit up and down since his return with only 4 of 6 cuts made, but every time he made the cut he finished in the top 10.  He has an early tee time on Thursday, if he gets off to a fast start, he could run away with it.

 

Second tier pricing ($6,500 - $9,000)

 

Jimmy Walker at $8,900.  WHAT???!!!!!! Number one on the Fed Ex board.  Five Top 10’s with two wins.  He was 8th last year at his first trip to Augusta and “amen corner”.  He is not an Augusta Rookie this year; he has a great chance to turn that #8 into a seat atop the leaderboard.  For only $8,900, this seems like a steal.

 

JB Holmes at $7,200.  He is on an incredible roll of late, and while his win last week in Houston will put him on everyone’s radar, I just can’t see fading him this week.  He simply has too much potential to win it all and his price is sooooooooo sweet!

 

Ryan Palmer at $6,600.  Palmer is #6 in driving distance and 41st in GIR (69%) with 7 of 8 cuts made and 3 top 10 performances this season.  For only $6,600 I like his 80 fantasy point average.

 

Hunter Mahan at $7,200. Mahan is a cut making machine, 10 for 10 this year.  This is a gut call; I just think he has a shot to contend on the first page of the leaderboard.

 

Jamie Donaldson at $6,900.  He is one of the best Scramblers on the tour and if the weather does make things difficult, he could provide solid fantasy points for your lineup.

 

 

Lineup makers (under $6,500)

 

Kevin Na at $6,000.  Another great Scrambler, top 10 finishes in 3 of his last 4 tournaments with the 4th a 20th place at the Texas Open.  He has made 10 of 12 cuts this season and for only $6,000 he is a solid money saver for your lineup.

 

Morgan Hoffman at $5,600.  While he has only made 6 of 10 cuts this year, he has made 6 of 10 cuts.  He also should he has the chops with his 4th place finish at the Arnold Palmer, while he is a Masters Rookie this year, the reason I like him is THE MAN CAN PUTT!  This season he has only 7 three-putts out of 558 holes, ranking him 3rd.  At Augusta, driving may be king, but putting is the power behind the thrown.  Hoffman looks like a good risk at $5,600, freeing up cap room for an extra stud.

 

Well that is who I am considering for my Draft Kings Millionaire Maker Contest this week.  I am going grab a quick cup of coffee, take a moment to consider the options and pick my “Sixsome”…be right back…

 

…Okay, I am back and the coffee is kicking in…let’s move onto my Draft Kings Masters Millionaire Maker Sixsome:

 

Bubba Watson - $12,200

Patrick Reed - $9,300

Jimmy Walker - $8,900

JB Holmes - $7,200

Kevin Na - $6,000

Morgan Hoffman - $5,600

 

Good Luck to you all…….

 

Woof!

Beaudog



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2013 Football,f1 motorsports,NBA,Premier League All Right Reserved | Share on: Blogger Template Free