New York Giants at Philadelphia: 5 Things We Need to Know
Last week it cost $27 for a chace to win One Million Dollars playing Daily Fantasy. Well, this week is another chance to win $1,000,000 and this week you can play for FREE!!!
Just go to ffchamps.com/million today and register for your account, add a $25 deposit into your account and the FREE $27 entry is yours!!!
Thats right, nter by opening a draftkings account at www.ffchamps.com/million with only a $25 deposit and upon deposit,you will get a FREE $27 entry into Millionaire Maker, this weekends $1 million dollar game and a FREE FFChamps membership for the entire NFL season (a $59.95 value). Act fast as the spots are limited.
This Sunday on Sunday Night Football, the New York Giants travel down I-95 to take on the Philadelphia Eagles in a renewal of one of the NFL's longest and most hard fought rivalries. Since the Eagles came into the league in 1933, this rivalry between major East Coast cities has been one of the NFL's best. The Giants currently lead the series 85-77-2, but the Eagles hold a 7-3 edge in the last 10 meetings (since 2009 to the present). One last bit of history: the biggest margin of victory was the very first game back in 1933, when the Giants won 56-0. The Eagles are still burning over that one.
If you are not an Eagles or Giants fan, here are five things to know about these teams as they meet in a huge NFC East Clash.
1) There have always been some strange and amazing plays that determined the outcome of these games, just see the DeSean Jackson 65 yard punt return in overtime in December 2010 or the original Miracle at the Meadowlands in 1978 (Giants fans call it "The Funble"), when Joe Pizarcik fumbled a handoff to Larry Csonka with time running out which was recovered and run in for the game winning touchdown by Herman Edwards.
With its history of big, strange, unbelievable plays, look for fireworks especially from the Eagles' Special Teams and Darren Sproles who have been on a point scoring binge for the last two weeks.
2) There will be a ton of points scored in this match-up. So far this season the Eagles have posted 156 points, while the Giants have registered 133 points. If you want a defensive struggle, find a different game.
3) Both Nick Foles and Eli Manning are in line for big days. With the Eagles ranked 29th in passing yards allowed and the Giants ranked 25th, both Quarterbacks will be able to take advantage with both themselves and their receiving corps putting up big numbers.
4) Both teams running backs could become the story. While LeSean McCoy has struggled in the first quarter of the season and while the Giants are solid against the run, they are ranked 31st against RBs in the passing game. While Sproles is THE passing RB, McCoy is also very much apart of this phase of Chip Kelly's offense and he could run wild if he can get into the Giant secondary on pass plays.
On the Giants' side of the ball, Rookie Andre Williams will be the starting Giant RB and has proven over the past two weeks that his can run with the ball. The Eagles have allowed an average of over 100 yards per game to RBs. Williams and the Giants will definitely take advantage of this and Williams looks good for a 100 yard day.
5) This game looks like it should come down to whomever has the last possession and hence despite a ton of scoring, it could all come down to the kickers. Both the Eagles and the Giants are "outdoor teams" who are used to playing outside in wind, rain, snow, etc. and both kickers are familiar with the vaguaries of the wind and weather. Eagles kicker, rookie Cody Parkey is 10-11 for FG with a long of 51 yards, his one miss coming in the relatively easy 30-39 yard range, while Giant kicker, Josh Brown, is a perfect 7 for 7 with a long of 50 yards.
Both of these kickers can get it done, and it will be interesting to see whether the Rookies' enthusiasm can get the better of the veteran's experience.
So, football fans, buckle your seatbelts for a night filled with passes down the filed combined with smashmouth rushing as these two I-95 rivals gear it up again for the 164th time an ultimately deliver an exciting Sunday Night Game.
This game should provide many excellent players to use in Daily Fantasy, so remember to get your free $27 entry into this week's Millionaire Maker Contest, just go to www.ffchamps.com/million and then get these players in your lineups.
Hit me up on Twitter @Beaudog2 with any daily fantasy questions.
Have a great week!