Breaking News
Loading...
Friday 27 March 2015

Daily Fantasy Golf Picks: The Valero Open TPC San Antonio

DAILY FANTASY GOLF PICKS:  THE VALERO OPEN @ TPC SAN ANTONIO

The tour moves to Texas for the TPC San Antonio Open.  The top golfers in the field will be using this as a final brush up before the Masters in two weeks.  Others will be grinding it out to get into the OWGR top 50 to be in the field at Augusta.  Like that extra pressure isn’t enough, they will most likely have high winds and crazy Texas weather to deal with as well. 

With the Bubba withdrawal last week I pulled my six some from the contest.  You should always check Wednesday night or early Thursday morning before tee off for late withdrawals.  It’s not like the inactive report for the NFL, but golfers from time to time withdraw late for whatever reasons.  Feeling good about the six some this week and ready to make some money.

Ok, short and sweet and on to the picks. 

RAISING THE CUP:  The top two guys Speith and DJ are quality picks and I like Speith’s chances to win alot, but with the parity of golf these days I just can’t justify spending $2200 or $3000 more on them.  FYI, there has not been a repeat winner yet in the 2014-2015 season (19 events).    

  1. Jim Furyk ($11,000):  Ok Jim, last shot here because I believe everyone will fade you after you’re disappointing T40th last outing.  He hasn’t won in some time, but he usually finds the top 10. 
  2. Jimmy Walker ($10,800):  The Texan should be poised to raise the cup on Sunday in front of a home crowd.  He led the field in birdies here last year with 19.  
  3. Ryan Palmer ($10,000):  Hopefully he is slightly off the radar with his T56 here last year.  It was due to an injury to his hip that he gutted out a final round 82.  He was five under before Sunday.  #Redemption
  4. Martin Laird:  Won the event in 2013, with a course record tying final round 63.  Also finished T9 here in 2011 so he obviously fits this course well.

Playing the Weekend:

  1. Daniel Summerhayes ($7,900):  He was T7 in 2013 and T2 last year.  He has also shot under par in six of his last eight rounds here. 
  2. Freddie Jacobson ($7,100):  He has never missed a weekend at the Oaks course, in fact he has never finished outside the top 20 since the move here five years ago.
  3. Francesco Molinari: ($6,300):  He led the field last week in GIR and was fifth in fairways hit.  Two stats that will secure weekend golf in this tournament.  He needs to move up 13 spots yet on the OWGR to make the top 50 and secure a trip to Augusta.  #motivation
  4. Charlie Hoffman:  ($8,300):  He will be a popular pick this week as he always seem to excel at this tournament. His worst finish at the Oaks course in five tries is T13th.  Just don’t expect a ton of separation from the field in a DraftKings GPP when he does well.

Tin Cuppers:

  1. Justin Leonard ($5,200):  I like me some legends of the past in the Tin Cupper section. He was not happy when the tournament switched to the Oaks course as he has won twice at LaCantera.  However, he has not missed a weekend since the switch and for $5,200 playing 72 holes is good enough for me.
  2. Chad Collins ($5,400):  He hasn’t quite been able to put four rounds together this year.  However he is first on tour in scrambling (big+ this week) and 8th in bogey avoidance.  He was only one stroke off the lead heading into the weekend hear last year. 
  3. Zak Blair ($6,100):  He burnt me the last time I put him on here with a MC, but I have faith in the rookie to get done this weekend, and wouldn’t be shocked if he made a deep run.
  4. Billy Hurly III ($5,600):  I have been waiting for my moment to take my shot with this guy.  Loved watching him last year and this course suits him well.  Make me proud man!!
  5. Chad Beckman ($4,700):  I am throwing him in here in case you want to roll with a Jordan Speith or Dustin Johnson and need some salary relief.  He has the best chance of playing the weekend of any guy priced under 5k.

My Sixsome:

Jimmy Walker, Ryan Palmer, Charlie Hoffman, Daniel Summerhays, Franseco Molinari, and Zac Blair.

PGA $17K APPROACH SHOT [$17,000 GUARANTEED] $12 entry.

That’s it for this week.  Except for a personal note.  I was able to golf for the first time yesterday in Wisconsin and I struck my irons amazing and thought to myself I shall choose me as a sleeper when I make a tour event.  Then I woke up this morning at there was snow on the ground.  #fml.

Golfer:  “Caddie, please stop checking your watch all the time.  It’s distracting!!”

Caddie: “It’s not a watch sir.  It’s a compass.”

Happy Drafting,

Perry04



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2013 Football,f1 motorsports,NBA,Premier League All Right Reserved | Share on: Blogger Template Free