Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 31 March 2015

Daily Fantasy Golf: The Valero Recap and Shell Open preview

Daily Fantasy Golf:  The Valero Recap and Scorecard

Congratulations to Jimmy Walker for being the first golfer of the season to hold the 54 hole lead and complete the victory.  It was a great win in front of a home crowd for the Texan, as well as a confidence booster heading into Augusta. 

If you read my preview article I mentioned that the Texas weather this time of year can be quite brutal as the players found out on Thursdays round.  Although I didn’t foresee it being so rough that two of my guys withdrew before Friday’s round.  That will make me never choose them again.  Sorry Francesco Molinari and Zac Blair, you’re officially on my shit list.

My Scorecard:

As I mentioned two of my golfers withdrew before Fridays round netting them 5 and 9 points for the tournament.  So that stunk. 

Of the other 11 that actually want to golf in the PGA (yes I’m going to be salty about it):

  1. Four made the top 11
  2. 9 made the cut.
  3. Picked the winner

Overall a good showing.

My Sixsome:

Of course as my luck would have it I managed to pick the two that withdrew for my Sixsome.  Even so, I was able to cash with the other four as they all managed to hit the top 11.   I finished 163rd out of 1623 players which was good enough to turn $12 into $25.  Just imagining what it could have been with an extra round from the two who withdrew and possibly an extra two rounds for one of them.  Ugh. 

Oh well.  Made money.  I’m over it now. (haha, yea right I am)

 

Daily Fantasy Golf:  The Shell Houston Open

After the Florida swing and the opening of two tournaments in Texas the golfers will finally see a player friendly course.  Well, as long as the Texas weather doesn’t go crazy, expect a lot of birdies with the average winning score of the tournament at -16. 

Keys to Victory:

  1. Birdie percentage:  You’re going to have to go low to win this thing, so make more birdies.
  2. Bogey Avoidance:  Same reason as above.  Giving shots back will be a killer this weekend.
  3. Greens in Regulation: Getting more birdie putts see below
  4. Total 1 putts 15-20 feet:  Making the birdie putts.

DraftKings first look and Random Thoughts:

  1. Henrik Stenson:  Not updated on DraftKings, but he withdrew already due to illness.
  2. Speith/Walker:  Texas standoff round two?
  3. Rickie Fowler:  Needs to become relevant again soon or will be passed up by other new and exciting golfers on tour.  Berger/Speith/Reed.  Custom Fit??
  4. Sergio Garcia:  Me gusto Sergio always. 
  5. Keegan Bradley:  Liking his chances this week.
  6. Shawn Stefani:  I will take the aggressive Stefani in a birdie tournament. 
  7. Brendon de Jonge:  This tournament seems right in his wheelhouse 
  8. Anirban Lahiri:  Got a taste of US golf with a missed cut and poor showing at WGC, feeling a bounce back coming.
  9. Tony Finau:  Waiting for this kid to bust out a T10 finish. Great price to gamble with.
  10. D.A. Points:  Won this tournament two years back.  $5,100.  Hmmm, didn’t some Matt Every guy just do the same thing.  Happy with a made cut.
  11. Jhonattan Vegas:  Want to get this guy while he is still cheap.  Thinking he is going to race up the salary list soon.

Well that’s all for now.  Check back tomorrow afternoon for My Sixsome  as well as the rest of my in-depth picks.

 

Happy Drafting,

Perry04.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2013 Football,f1 motorsports,NBA,Premier League All Right Reserved | Share on: Blogger Template Free