Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 8 April 2015

Daily Fantasy Golf: The Masters Picks To Become A Millionaire

A couple of notes before I get into my picks.

I commented on the weather in my last article.  I think the rain is going to be more of a factor than the wind from looks of things.  The rain will slow things down and make bigger hitters even more popular.  However, if the wind picks up an underdog could surprise everyone.  (Jamie Donaldson, Kevin Na, Matt Every)


Rory McIlroy:  Yes I think he can win, and the only person that really can beat him is himself.  However, with the parity in golf these days there is just no way can I justify spending $2700 more than the next closest golfer Bubba Watson who has won it two of the last three years.  It’s just not worth it in my opinion.


Tiger Woods:  Trust me I want to pick him more than you do.  He just seems different in his approach to the game right now.  Hugs on the practice area lawn, ear buds and music while chipping, goofing off during the practice rounds and fist bumping fans.  Did you know he used to be hypnotized before golfing back in the day? Like real scy-opps military stuff.  Now he is cheerful and enjoying himself and I love it, he deserves it.  I will cheer for him, but i won't bet on him this weekend. 


Ok.  On to my guys.


Raising the Cup:

  1. Bubba Watson:  He has proven that his game fits this course extremely well with two wins in the last three years.  Plus his putting stats are better than they have ever been.  Rory Who?  Bubba is the man to beat.

  2. Jason Day:  He has all the tools to win this and has been close twice with a T2 in 2011 and 3rd in 2013.  The only reason he hasn’t yet has been his head.  I think this is the year he stays within himself on Sunday and puts on the Green Jacket.

  3. Henrik Stenson:  He has been slowly improving over the 10 times he has played here.  He is playing great this year, and his form fits this course great.

  4. Dustin Johnson: He has proven on several occasions that he can play well through harsh conditions.  With rain on the forecast he will shine.  He will also give you low ownership value as I think his course history at Augusta will scare people off.  Big mistake.


Playing the Weekend:

  1. Jimmy Walker ($8,900):  I am just mystified that he is only $8900.  How in the world are 16 golfers priced above him?  He has only won 5 times on tour in the last year and a half, and also finished in the top 10 in three out of the four majors last year.  He should be in the above list, but I will take him here and watch him take off.  His T8th in his first try was overshadowed by Speith and Fowlers run last year.   Nothing gets to this guy, and he will be right there on Sunday.

  2. Ian Poulter ($7,400):  Since his switch to Titleist his game has soared.  I think he is going to fly way under the radar in DraftKings tournaments and will have great separation value when he gets it done this weekend.

  3. J.B. Holmes ($7,200):  Outside of Jordan Speith, he is the hottest golfer on tour.  When I saw his price tag last week on DraftKings I begged for him to stumble on Sunday.  Instead he wins the Houston open.  Ugh.  The only bad thing about this pick is that he shall be very highly owned in DK tournaments.  I just don’t think you can afford not to have him.

  4. Jamie Donaldson ($6,900):  His T14th last year is going un-noticed because of his mediocre performances to start the year.   Just like Holmes I think he has an excellent chance to shine this weekend, unlike Holmes his last two MC on tour will keep his ownership way down.

  5. Ryan Palmer ($6,600):  Honestly, just say thank you and pick him.  He hits it a ton, and has great GIR and Putting stats. I love love love him for this price.


Tin Cuppers: 

  1. Morgan Hoffman ($5,600):  I really dislike taking a golfer on his first trip to Augusta, however I am not picking him to win, but to make the weekend and maybe a top 10 run.  He destroys par 5s (T48 on tour) and putts it very well to boot (27th in SGP and 3rd in 3 putt avoidance).  If the surroundings and the course doesn’t trip him up he could be in contention come Sunday, or at least playing 18 come Sunday.

  2. Mikko Ilonen ($5,500):  I am a big fan of this guy, and I think his game could get the job done this weekend.  He plays well across the pond, and I hope he can transition that to the States.

  3. Ben Martin ($5,700):  This will be his second trip to the masters after missing the cut as an amateur in 2010.  He has made his last two cuts on tour including a solo 5th at Arnie’s Invite, where he also finished 5th in Scrambling.  If he can do that the first two rounds he will find the weekend.

  4. Cameron Tringale ($5,900):  He has made seven straight cuts including a T5 last weekend at the Houston Open.  Houston is similar to Augusta in that the same type of game is needed for both.  Excel there excel here?  He is golfing great right now and it’s worth a shot to fill a lineup.


My Sixsome:


Each week I pick a lineup to play in a DraftKings GPP tournament.  I am currently 1 for 2 in cashing with a slight miss of the cash line last week.  So the $100 I started with is now at $86 with the slight hiccup on a $27 entry.  This week I am obviously going to be putting the sixsome in the Million Dollar DraftKings contest for $20. 


Jason Day, Henrik Stenson, Jimmy Walker, J.B. Holmes, Ryan Palmer, and Cameron Tringale.


That will do it.  Good luck to all and hope if not me, then one of our readers cashes that Million Dollar check.


Happy Drafting,


Perry04.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2013 Football,f1 motorsports,NBA,Premier League All Right Reserved | Share on: Blogger Template Free