Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 24 December 2013

Romelu Lukaku has no issues with Jose Mourinho, will return to Chelsea

Romelu Lukaku
There’s no problem between Romelu Lukaku and Jose Mourinho.
Since joining Everton on loan at the start of the season, speculation has surrounded the relationship between the striker and his parent club boss.
Things began to unravel a month ago when Lukaku noted that he hadn’t spoke to Mourinho since the season began and that he’d be up to continue his time at Everton.
Those comments sparked a backlash from Mourinho, who noted that he wasn’t aware on-loan players could decide their own future.
Now, the Belgium international insists there are no issues between he and Mourinho.
He squared the story away in a recent conversation with Sport Voetbal magazine.
“I’d first said I wanted to stay at Chelsea during the summer,” Lukaku said. “And then I felt I had to leave to play more. It was my goal to do better than last season.”
The Belgian elaborated. “[Mourinho] wanted me to stay and asked me why I wanted to leave. In some interviews my words were twisted, but the truth is that he accepted to let me leave. He did understand what I wanted. That’s what I really appreciate in him.”
Lukaku went on to make abundantly clear that he expects to be at Stamford Bridge next season. “Am I getting ready for Chelsea next season?,” he asked rhetorically. “Yes, why else would I have signed a contract for five years?”
Noting his appreciation for Edinson Cavani, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Robin Van Persie, Luis Suarez and Robert Lewandowski, Lukaku noted his goal to “return to Chelsea as one of the best strikers in the Premier League.”
Thus far Lukaku has scored eight goals in 13 appearances for Everton, not astounding numbers but good ones. More than anything his gargantuan presence up top has attracted a lot of attention from opposing defenses, opening up space for Everton’s attacking midfield to score goals.
Two points shy of leaders Liverpool, Everton will be keen on extending their 10 match league unbeaten streak.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2013 Football,f1 motorsports,NBA,Premier League All Right Reserved | Share on: Blogger Template Free