2015 NFL Draft In Chicago - Why This Rules And Why It Will Suck
Do you play Fantasy Football? If the answer is yes, this week is the most exciting opportunity in the history of the game. Win a MILLION DOLLARS playing Fantasy Football this week only! Go to www.FFChamps.com/million and get in on the action.
The NFL Draft has a new home for 2015, moving to Chicago from its longtime New York City home. Rumored to be taking the show on the road for awhile, the move follows criticism earlier this year for moving the draft into May. Scheduled to begin Thursday, April 30, 2015 and run through Saturday, May 2nd, there's plenty of time for draft hopefuls to complete their college careers. Months of workouts and combines will follow, fans from all over the map will soon be booking trips in anticipation.
Pros and cons abound for all NFL decisions as of late, and this one is no different. Here's our take on the bright and not so bright side:
This Rules Because:
- New York has had a monopoly on the draft for far too long. Time to bring the show on the road and bring some love to new places.
- Expanding on that, it puts New York in its place a little. Chicago has long been known as 'The Second City', might be the kick in the ass the city needs to take the top spot.
- Chicago-style pizza, Chicago Hot Dog, and Italian Beef sandwiches. No more being teased by endless food shows on TV, your quest for these delicacies will soon be satisfied.
- Chances are, the venue will not be packed with NY Jets cheering or booing someone they probably never heard of. Love ya Jets fans, let's see what the Bears fans bring to the party.
- Wishful thinking, but perhaps SNL can be persuaded to have a Bill Swerski's Superfans reunion live on remote. Da Bears! Ditka!
This Sucks Because:
- Probably just a one year tease, would not be surprised to see New York City build a 100% taxpayer subsidized 'NFL Draft Theatre'. The building will be vacant for 360 days a year, but man will that show who is 1st!
- If Mike Ditka appears on the ESPN telecast, we will probably not be able to hear anything the analysts have to say as they will be drowned out by yells of 'DITKA!' On second thought....
- There are way too many choices and varieties of Sausage. Visitors will be rattled as they attempt to place their order, native Chicagoans will go restless waiting in line. Could be bad news.
- The 1985 Bears may finally be inspired to release their long-awaited follow-up: Super Bowl Shuffle 2 - Electric Boogaloo.
- The phrases "Now coming to you live from the Windy City" and "Joining us on location from the Windy City" will be repeated ad nauseum.
April 30, 2015. New city, same endless shots of the green room and the 'player whose stock has fallen really, really far and we feel bad for him'. Can't wait!