How Kirk Cousins Can Help You Win Your DFS Contest
FanDuel is another week to week fantasy football website that has exploded onto the national scene. Every week, diehard football fans are pouring millions of dollars into sites like this to try to creat the perfect lineup that can help them win big! This week's biggest grand prize is $200,000. Here are some tips that could help you win big this weekend.
Best QB Value:
Jay Cutler - $8,700 Cutler is averaging over 20 fantasy points per game (FPPG) and will be playing at home against the Miami Dolphins.
Best Discount QB:
Kirk Cousins - $7,200 Cousins ranks 10th in FFPG but is cheaper than 19 other starting QBs. He has thrown 2 or more TDs in 4 out of 5 games and will be playing the Tennessee Titans in Washington.
Best RB Value:
Ben Tate - $7,300 In his two games back, Tate is averaging 16.25 FPPG. This week the thriving Browns will tee of on one of the worst defenses in the NFL, Jacksonville Jaguars.
Best Discount RB:
Justin Forsett - $6,200 Forsett has taken the reins of the starting job in Baltimore. He is averaging 13.7 FPPG, 10th in the NFL, and will be facing the 31st worst rushing defense, the Atlanta Falcons.
Best WR Value:
Mike Wallace - $7,000 Wallace is averaging 13.4 FPPG, just below Dez Bryant's 14.3 FPPG who costs $8,600. The Dolphins will be traveling to Chicago to play a very inconsistent Bears defense.
Best Discount WR:
James Jones - $5,500 Jones is a steal at this price. He is averaging 12.4 FPPG which is 16th in the NFL. The Raiders will be playing at home this week after an incredible performance last week by rookie QB Derek Carr.
Best Value TE:
Delanie Walker - $5,900 Delanie is #1 in the NFL in TE receiving yards yet he is the 6th most expensive TE.
Best Discount TE:
Tim Wright - $5,300 He has found the endzone in two straight games for the Patriots and could be a good option if you are trying to save money for other positions.
Tips And Tricks To Pick A Team:
- Try to only pick #1 or #2 option WRs
- Pick RBs who will be guaranteed carries. Not RBs on a running back by committee team who might see 20 carries one game and 5 carries the next.
- Pick a defense going against struggling QBs, those QBs playing on the road would be even better
- If you enter multiple teams, do not pick 45 different players on 5 different teams. You should have some overlapping players on every team.
- You typically end up 1 or 2 players away from good money so pick similar teams with a few changes on each team. You will have a better chance of succeeding.
- Do not blindly pick superstars. Look at matchups. How good is the defense that player is facing? Are they playing on the road?
If you win big money this week, my cut is only 5%. Only kidding, let me know who you're dream team is this week and how it turns out on Sunday.