Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 1 April 2015

Daily Fantasy Golf Picks: The Shell Houston Open

Daily Fantasy Golf:  The Shell Houston Open

The tour makes it’s way this week to Houston for the final of two stops in Texas before the Masters next week.  As with any golf this time of year in Texas, the weather can become an issue.  Last week if you took players in the late/early group you faired a lot better than those in the early/late group. 

A brief look at the weather has rain forecasted for Thursday morning up till around noon. I won’t pick golfers strictly because of the weather and tee times, however if I am deciding between two golfers I will take the one in the late tee time on Thursday. 

Now, on to the picks. 

Henrik Stenson and Jimmy Walker have both withdrawn from this tournament.  DraftKings doesn’t have them listed as out yet, so please don’t pick him.

Raising the Cup:

  1. Patrick Reed ($11,700):  Arguably the hottest golfer of the year, he actually missed the cut here in his last attempt, but that was two years ago and his game is a ton better.  I hope his missed cut scares people away. 
  2. Matt Kuchar ($11,400):  His last 12 rounds at the Shell Open have been par or better, with 7 of those 12 rounds in the 60s.  His T15 last week was impressive being that he teed off in the bad weather groupings.  That just solidifies how good his play around the greens are.
  3. Sergio Garcia ($9,600):  I am more than happy to take the great ball striking Spaniard at below 10K this weekend. 
  4. Phil Mickelson ($9,500):  He will not make this list often, but I am happy to have him this week.  In his last 20 rounds at the GC Houston, he has only one round over par.   There is little rough this week to get him in trouble, so he should be able to swing freely. 

Playing the Weekend:

  1. Matt Jones ($8,700): He sunk a long putt on the 18th hole here last year to force a playoff, then holed out from the bunker on the first playoff to seal a dream victory last year.  His form has been spot on this year with his last four being T7 T14 3rd and T26. 
  2. Shawn Stefani ($7,700):  He has made the cut in seven of his eight tournaments in 2015.  If a birdie fest is needed to win, I want Stefani on my squad.
  3. Keegan Bradely ($8,900):  He scares me a bit every time I pick him, but he has a great course history here and his form fits this course great so I am jumping onboard.  Grab some Alka Seltzer and join me.
  4. Justin Thomas ($7,100):  This kid is fearless, and has no problem going low.  On a course that has little rough, his aggression should pay off big.

Tin Cuppers:

  1. Brian Davis ($5,800):  He is a horse for the course with three top 15s in seven appearances including a T4 in 2012 and a T6 in 2013.
  2. Roger Sloan ($4,500):  He is the ultimate tin cupper.  He found out he was playing this tournament with a sponsors exemption last week.  He responded by shooting a -4 in his final round of the Web.com tour earning him a T11th.  He then tweeted  "Dream come true to play in front of friends and family in HTown!".  Call me a sucker, but I’m going with this guy.
  3. Tony Finau ($5,400):  Young kid who kills it off the tee.  With a wide open course, he could be in the Sunday conversation let alone just making the cut.
  4. Chris Stroud ($5300):  His game has fell off and I don’t even know why I am writing him down, but he has a good course history and I have a feeling that a home game in Houston may be just what the doctor ordered to turn his season around. 

My Sixsome:  I have started out with $100 to play in GPP on Draftkings with my sixsome.  The first week was thrown out due to Bubba Watson withdrawing after I published my team.  Last week I was able to cash with two guys withdrawing after round one. 

I was in a $12 GPP and cashed for $25 bringing the total for the year to $113.  This week I am riding my hot hand and getting into a $27 GPP. 

Patrick Reed, Matt Kuchar, Keegan Bradely, Shawn Stefani, Brain Davis, and Roger Sloan.

PGA $100K FAIRWAY [$100,000 GUARANTEED] $27 entry. 

That’s it for this week.  Remember to renew your FFChamps subscription to get next weeks Masters articles and player selections. 

Happy Drafting,

Perry04. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2013 Football,f1 motorsports,NBA,Premier League All Right Reserved | Share on: Blogger Template Free